Seng Huat Coffee House - Bak Chor Mee @ Blk 811 Hougang Central

singapore,hougang,food review,minced pork noodle,成发咖啡屋,bak chor mee,seng huat coffee house,blk 811 hougang central

Located within the same coffeeshop as the pork chop bun is a noodle stall that sell dry mee sua, fish ball noodle, abalone noodle and bak chor mee.

I have heard nothing but good reviews about their bak chor mee so I decided to try it out. Now, do you understand why I did not order soft-boiled eggs with my pork chop bun?

There is a short queue before me which cleared pretty fast. When it finally reached my turn, I ordered a bowl of bak chor mee kia.

singapore,hougang,food review,minced pork noodle,成发咖啡屋,bak chor mee,seng huat coffee house,blk 811 hougang central
  
My bak chor mee kia comes with meat ball, slices of pork, pig's liver, slivers of mushroom and of course, bak chor (minced meat). 

Unlike other bak chor mee, theirs came with crispy fried anchovies that added some crunchiness to the dish.

I am happy to report that their concoction of sauce is on point. The spiciness and vinegary level is just nice to hit the spot without being too overwhelming.

As for the mee kia, the timing in blanching the noodles was controlled well as it retained a good bite.

Even the soup is very hearty, as it contains the essence from the blanching of the pork ingredients.

singapore,hougang,food review,minced pork noodle,成发咖啡屋,bak chor mee,seng huat coffee house,blk 811 hougang central

I will definitely vote this as one of the best bak chor mee in Singapore. In fact, I enjoy this so much more than the one with the star at Crawford Lane which is a tad too heavy-handed with the sauces that you cannot taste the natural flavors of the pork.


SENG HUAT COFFEE HOUSE 成发咖啡屋
Blk 811 Hougang Central
#01-206
Singapore 530811

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 5am - 11pm

Website: https://www.facebook.com/senghuatcoffeehouse

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/dAPnkrFrvC12
GPS Coordinates: 1.3718284,103.8915363


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach